Thursday, April 25, 2013

C4T Comments for Teachers #4



Summary of Post #1

For my C4T assignment, I was assigned to comment on John Spencer's blog. I decided to comment on the post Please Become A Teacher. In this post, Mr. Spencer talks about how he reached a point in his teaching career when he wanted to quit. However, this year was different for him. He found himself thinking of some of his favorite bands and how their songs have meaning behind their lyrics. He realized that's the type of teacher he wants to be. He wants to bring depth and culture to his students that live in an auto tone society. At the end of his posts he states that if you feel the same way, you should become a teacher as well. Yes, you will have a low salary and crazy hours. But at the end of the day, you will be impacting someone's life.

Summary of comment #1

In my comment, I stated how I have days where I want to quit my preschool job. Some days I feel like I'm not good at teaching, and the kids might be better off learning from someone else. Yet at the end of the day, I know that while I might not be teaching them school related things, I am being a good influence of them. I am showing them love. I am showing them that someone cares for them and believes in them. So, in the end the job is worth it.


Summary of Post #2

For my second C4T post, I decided to comment on John Spencer's blog post What Can We Do When We Finish the Test? This post was very comical to me. It was a conversation between him and his students about what they could do after they finish their standardized test. They asked if they could read. He replied, "They won't let you do that." They asked if they could talk quietly. He replied, "They won't let you do that." After some more questions, they asked, "Can we think?" Without even thinking about it, Mr. Spencer replied, "They won't let you do that." Even though he didn't mean to say it, it was the truth.

Summary of comment #2

I commented that I remember testing days during school. I always hated them because once I was finished, I had to just sit there for hours and do nothing but stare at the wall. They really wouldn't let you do anything except sit there like a statue. I told him I couldn't help but grin at the truth behind this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment