Friday, April 5, 2013

C4T Comments for Teachers #3


Teachers quote



C4T Post #1

For this C4T assignment, I commented on John Stumpenhorst's blog Stump the Teacher. I chose to comment on the post 5 Things. This blog was pretty much the 5 things he knows as a teacher. His 5 things were kids are humans and should be treated as such, creativity and curiosity are crucial in learning, we are all on a journey, change doesn't happen when we are comfortable, and growth happens through failure. Mr. Stumpenhorst went into detail about each of this 5 things in a paragraph or two for each.

C4T Comment #1

For my comment, I told Mr. Stumpenhorst that while I completely agreed with all of his 5 things, the one that really stuck out to me the most is growth happens through failure. I went on to state that I know so many parents that want to shield their child(ren) from failing. However, success can't happen without failure.

C4T Post #2

The second post I commented on was To Fix Public Education. In this post, Mr. Stumpenhorst addresses what he thinks will improve education; however, it is not what many might think. What he thinks will change public education is to start with the future teachers. He believes future teachers should intern for a year under a mentor. Too many first time teachers have the "deer caught in headlights" look about them during their first year. Also, that too many teachers are not cut out for the job and shouldn't be there.

C4T Comment #2

In my comment, I agreed with his many great points made in his post. I told him that I personally felt I would be more confident in teaching if I interned for a year and could learn all I could from a mentor. I feel this would help ease my nerves a lot. Also, I don't believe everyone is cut out for the job of being an educator. I see many students in my classes now who shouldn't be there. In the end, this is an injustice to those educators' future students.

No comments:

Post a Comment