Saturday, March 2, 2013

Project #9- PLN Progress Report

Personal Learning Network

Prior to EDM 310, I didn't know what a personal learning network was. However, after seeing the positive effects of having a PLN, I've been developing one of my own. It's still in its beginning stages, but I've already found myself relying on it more and more.

I teach a 2 year old preschool class, and I've been looking for new tracing worksheets to use with the kids to teach them to write their ABCs and 123s. I've come across quite a few stay-at-home moms' and teachers' blogs that post all kinds of fun worksheets to do with kids to help their writing. I've been using them for the past two weeks and I can already tell a difference in my students penmanship! My excitement prompted me to continue searching, and I have found numerous more blogs with activities to use with preschoolers.

My PLN also includes Twitter and Pintrest. I follow educational inspirations like Krissy Vensodale on twitter, and I have special boards on pintrest dedicated to children.

My PLN definitely needs some work, but hopefully by the next progress report it will be expanded to twice the size now!

No comments:

Post a Comment