Saturday, February 23, 2013

Project #10 Finding the Right Tool

The grade I plan on teaching is kindergarten. Considering the age of my future students, I honestly didn't think I would find anything technological to do with them besides ABC, 123, and shape games that would be used on a smart board. However, after about ten minutes of searching, I found myself on mackiev.com. I looked through all the tabs and finally settled on the Kid Pix 3D portion of the site. I was very intrigued by this video tool. The Kid Pix 3D tool allows children as young as kindergarden to create and share stories they've written in class. They can create a video to illustrate their story and can also record their voice to narrate. And did I mention the videos are in 3D? I found this to be a great idea and decided to watch some of the stories provided. The first came from a 5 year old and her fluency astounded me. Kid Pix is beneficial to kids in so many ways. It allows for kids to use their imagination to write and create stories, but also through the narration they are strengthening their reading abilities. I explored some more and found a short story done by a 3 year old! I feel young students would love something like this because they are always eager to create their own things. I can't wait to see what stories my students will create! Knowing me I probably won't be able to wait and will try this website out on my Sunday School class or kindergarteners at my church!

Kid Pix 3D tool

No comments:

Post a Comment